- Exercise at least 3 to 4 times at week (more would be better)
Good try but failed. I was getting pretty good at this when it came Spring time, but once my foot started hurting again that went out the window. I've got some new plans to try to do some things that won't hurt my foot as much.
- Try to continue to be vegan (it has now been 7 days since I made the switch from being a vegetarian to a
vegan and I already feel so much better. I feel like my body has gone through a detox and I have already started to lose weight)
Successful, depending on who you talk to. I was able to stay vegan so far, but I will eat eggs if they come from a farm and I get to see how the chickens are raise. I feel if the chickens are in a stress free, loving environment and they are still laying eggs then it would be okay to eat them, since they would go to waste. I know that some people wouldn't say this would qualify as a vegan, but I have come across many vegans that do this or have their own chickens and collect the eggs themselves and they still call themselves vegans. If there name for this please let me know.
- Eat less processed foods
Success! I have successfully reduced my use of processed food and I'm still working on getting more of them out of my diet.
- Cook more and try out more recipes (if you know of any good vegan ones please feel free to share)
Success! We have tried more recipes and even have been able to find some vegan breakfast foods that we are really enjoying, like vegan french toast (that's right no eggs)
- De-clutter my house
Success! I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff in my home and I'm still working on getting rid of other things in my home that I don't need or don't use.
- Try to keep my house cleaner
Failed! When I not in school the house stays cleaner, when I take classes well the house defiantly reflects that
- Look for more ways to become greener
Success! We have recyclables picked up every Friday from our home now. We recycle paper, plastics, tin cans, and glass. It is amazing we use to fill our trash can with bags of trash and now each week we have maybe one or two trash bags. We also have been reusing containers that food comes in to use as tupperware. Another big thing is that we stop using plastic baggies in my daughter's lunch. We pack her something more like a bento lunch every day. She likes it better because when she opens the lid to her lunch everything is right there instead of in little baggies and you can get more creative.
- Make more crafts
Somewhat successful. I have made more, but not as much as I would like.
- Make more craft stuff, from the supplies I have now
Success, but I did up buying some stuff.
- Try making things from resin
Failed! I still have everything waiting in a bin for me to try.
- Finish some of my scrapbooks
Failed! I swear I will do it eventually.
- Take more pictures
- Make more crafts from reusable items
- Get more items in my Etsy store and actively list items
- Make more graphics for myself or for crafts, instead of just for school or work
Success! I would have liked to have done more, but it is a start
- Open up another Etsy shop just for my graphics
Failed! I decided that I'm not going to do this. Etsy made it so I was able to rename my shop from Morningshadow to Roots Design since The Roots of Design was taken.
- Make my own business cards and get them printed
- Make mostly handmade items when it comes time to give presents at holidays or birthdays
Success! We haven't bought an item when it comes to presents. Homemade is the best!
- Start composting
Failed. We ended up moving over the summer to a place where we aren't able to do this. I'm hoping when we more again I will be able to do this.
- Keep up on gardening better
Failed. At the new place we aren't able to have a garden. I'm hoping when we more again I will be able to do this.
- Take nature walks in new areas, I haven't been
Failed! Once my feet started acting up again it was too hard for me to go walking to much
- Take part in a 5k walk or something of that nature
Failed! Once my feet started acting up again it was too hard for me to go walking to much.
- Draw more
- Paint more
- Get both dogs enrolled in obedience classes, especially the big one
Failed! The big dog actually ended up going to a nice family that lived by a dog park, that could afford obedience classes and all the medical bills that it needed.
- Make things for me
- Help get LXCrafters.com website up and going
Success! I took a web design class and actually ended up redesigning the site, now we are just working on making it an interactive site. That part I don't know how to do, so my hubby and his friend were going to work on it.
- Lose some weight
Success! I lost 15 pounds, but gain 5 pounds back. I'm still working on it.
- Try not to spend so much time on the internet (it's like a black hole, that sucks you in)
- Be more positive
Success! I found one way to become more positive is to be around positive people. I have tried not to hang out with people who are downers so much. We started attending a church this summer and I just love being around the people there. There is always so much positive energy there and everyone is always laughing. I especially love the young adult group that meets on Tuesday evening. They are so welcoming to us, they don't care that we have tattoos or piercings or how we dress. There is no judging of your past there. Their theme is no perfect people allowed!
- Start saving money for the future
- Fix up my blog by making a new banner, background, and button.
- Try to blog more
Failed, but I have really starting to pick it up more in this past month and I hope to keep it up.
Success = 15
Failed = 18
I seemed to failed more than having success on this list, but I'm still very happy because that was 15 things I was successful with this year.