I can't wait to make some of our apples into apple sauce. There is nothing better then warm homemade applesauce and it makes the house smell soooo good. Homemade apple sauce is really easy to make. All you need is a crock pot, water, cinnamon, and peeled diced apples.
Directions to make Apple Sauce
1) Peel and dice apples. (We like to peel many different types of apples for the sauce. I think peeling is the worst part of making the sauce.
2) Fill up the crock pot with the diced apples and add water. Put enough water in to fill up about an inch of the crock pot's bottom. If it seems to be drying out while it is cooking, then you will need more water.
3) Turn your crock pot on low and let it cook about 5 to 7 hours. (Sometimes I have even set it up to cook over night and have waken up to a wonderful smell.)
4) Stir and add cinnamon. The amount of cinnamon depends on the taste you like. You can also add sugar if you would like, but we never do because we find it sweet enough already.
5) Serve and enjoy. Leftovers should be kept in the fridge.
Now it is time for pictures :)
The beautiful apple I ate right off the tree. Yum yum.