Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Doodle Prints for Coloring

I've been missing in action for a bit now, but every now and then I would get a message from someone that came across my blog and loved it. These little message were so heart warming for me that I decided I'm going to work on keep up on my blog again.

I've been keeping pretty busy. I suddenly feel like my muse is back. I have so many ideas and just not enough time to get them all out. It really is a great thing. So what have I've been doing lately?

I've gotten really into creating doodle prints also known as zentangle inspired art. I had Thyroid surgery back in September and I wasn't really up to sitting up to do much. So I started to sketch, laying down, with only be a little bit elevated.


From that point I started to just go crazy. I just kept pumping out designs.



Loving the look of my designs I decided to try to sell them as prints. I always loved the black and white look, so I never added color to them. At my craft show I had many people think they were coloring pages and wanted to buy them for that purpose. I never really thought about making coloring pages before, but I loved the idea. Coloring is a great way to de-stress and is a great form of art therapy. (I've been doing my research ) Creating these really is art therapy for me as well. From that point on I have been creating detailed coloring pages that are great for adults and children.




So far I have had a great response to these. I have many more of them planned, so make sure to stay tuned for more designs. I tend to put my designs up on my Facebook or Instagram first. If you would like to get one of my prints for yourself or a loved one, you can visit my Etsy page to purchase a digital download. That means you can start coloring right now. 


Of course I still really like them as print for framing. This one below is my favorite one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment