Friday, March 4, 2011

Valentine Zombies

I know it's way after Valentine's day, but I wanted to share this tutorial I made for these little zombie guys. I came up with the idea for these guys for my daughter's valentine's class party. She is a big zombie lover. I was thinking these guys could be great party favors for a birthday party or a Halloween party.


To make these you are going need:
  • Green paper (I used scrapbook paper, but construction paper would work too)
  • White Paper (I just used printer paper)
  • Tape
  • Glue (I used a hot glue gun, but tacky or elmers glue would work too)
  • Foam (precut or you can cut them out yourself)
  • Googly eyes
  • A black or red marker (this is for the scars)
  • A peach or pink marker (this is for the brain)
  • Goodies to put inside, like candy. I put fruit-by-the-foot inside the ones we made
  • A paper cutter or scissors would work too if you don't have one
  • scissors
Step one
 Get your paper cutter or scissors out and cut your paper in half and then cut those pieces in half
You should have a pile that looks something like the picture below.

Step two

Get your tape out and make the paper into tubes like the picture below.

Step three
Get your foam out. I got this cool little pack below from the dollar store.
From this foam you are going to cut out large hearts. These will be the base/ feet for your zombie. You can use one of your tubes you have made, to figure out how big of a heart shape you need.

Step four

Glue the heart base/feet to the bottom of you green tube.
 
Step four
Next glue on your eyes.

Step five
I had some pre-cut heart shape foam pieces that glued on to give the zombies a heart.

Step six
Next take a piece of white paper and rip it in half. You are going to want to really crumpled this paper up. I ended up crumpling the paper and then uncrumpling it and recrumpling it. You want this piece of paper to sit on at the top of the inside of the green tube without it falling down to the bottom. 

Step seven

Get your pink or peach marker out and you are going to want to color all over the top of the brain. It doesn't have to be perfect. In fact leaving white spots make it look more brain like.
Step eight
Next get your red or black marker and give your zombie guy scars.
Now you have a very cool, friendly zombie for your enjoyment. Don't forget you can take out the brain and add goodies, like candy, small toys, or fruit-by-the-foot like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment