Saturday, December 31, 2011

Matchbox Mario Question Bock

I joined a matchbox swap a little while back ago with some of my friends. What is a matchbox swap you might be asking. It is where you take little match boxes and decorate them and fill it with all kinds of things like buttons, stickers, earrings, rings, beads, pins, ribbons, letters, drawings, or whatever you can think of. Basically think of it of a really cool decorated box with mini gifts found inside. Check out here to see more examples.

For the matchbox I made for my partner I decided to do something that had to do with games since she is a big gamer. I decided to glue three matchboxes together and make a Mario question block filled with goodies. I measure the box and then created my design in Illustrator. Once I printed it I cut it all apart and used mod podge to glue it all on. Once it was dried, I then filled the box with all kinds of little goodies.

Today, I would to share with you my design I created, so that you can make your own. If you aren't able to get your hands on matchboxes you can always make your own. There is a template located here for them.

You can download the design to use to create this Mario question box here. If you do make any please send me links to see them. Enjoy and thank you.





No comments:

Post a Comment